5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Edible Easter decorations are a win-win. They look great as an Easter centerpiece, plus you don't have to worry about storage because you are guaranteed to eat this yummy chocolate bowl by Easter morning! To create these chocolate bowls, you need a balloon, chocolate chips and Royal Icing. These chocolate bowls look difficult, but we promise they are super easy to make. (Don’t worry, we won’t tell!) Just be sure to let them set completely before handling.
- Royal Icing
- Chocolate Chips (either brown or white chocolate)
- Small Balloons
- Clear a space on the counter and place wax paper or newspaper down on your work area.
- Cover a large cookie sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Blow up small balloons about half-way, tie them off and then lightly grease with butter. (This will make them easier to remove after the chocolate has dried.)
- Melt chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave. Remove carefully as bowl will be hot.
- Place the bowl of melted chocolate on you newspaper covered work area. Holding the balloon by the knot, dip balloon in to the melted chocolate about half-way up balloon to form a bowl. Make sure that the chocolate coating isn’t too thin, especially around the top edge of basket. Redip as necessary. (Tip: If the chocolate is too hot, the balloon will pop!)
- Spoon melted chocolate in tablespoon into a small circle on wax paper lined cookie sheet. This will be the bottom of the chocolate basket. Place each chocolate covered balloon on top of chocolate circle and leave to dry on cookie sheet.
- Place chocolate bowls in freezer to set. (Approximately 1 hour.) Once completely set, remove and decorate sides with Royal Icing. Get creative!
- When finished decorating, place back into freezer until icing decoration is set and then remove from freezer and pop balloon. Gently peel balloon away from inside basket. (Tip: the warmer the baskets get, the harder they are to work with. The heat from your hands will start to melt the chocolate and you’ll loose the basket shape if you don’t work quickly or if you don’t set them in the freezer first.)
- Store baskets in freezer until ready to display. Fill with Easter grass, candy or marshmallow Peeps as shown.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects