5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
These adorable cookie turkeys will NOT make you sleepy after you eat them. The cookie is best made using cookie dough which will bake to a crisp state. One of the recommended cookies to use is our Biscoff style cookie dough. An Oreo cookie also makes a great base.
Preparation Time: 2 hours
Baking Time: 13-15 minutes
Supplies to make 24 cookies:
- Biscoff style cookie dough
- Royal icing
- 8 ounce Candy coating
- Peanut butter cups, 1 bag miniatures (dark or milk chocolate)
- 1 bag candy corn
1 box malted milk balls
- Preheat oven at 350°F
- Prepare cookie dough and chill for 2 hours or overnight.
- Tip on rolling dough: These types of cookies are always best when rolled on a lightly floured surface. Using not properly chilled dough or working in a warm kitchen can make things difficult. Pre-chilling your work surface is easily done by placing a couple of cookie sheets filled with ice on the area where you will be rolling the dough. Wood is an excellent surface to roll all types of dough.
- Remove about one half of the dough and roll on a floured cool work surface or a lightly floured kitchen towel, roll the dough 4 stacked credit cards thick (about 1/8 inch).
- Using a round cutter of approximately 1.5 inch in diameter cut circles and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Roll another half of dough to same thickness and cut circles of approximately 2 inch in diameter, place on buttered or parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Place cookies in preheated oven.
- The cookies will slowly rise and then collapse; once they have collapsed they are close to being done. At this time when cookies are pressed lightly with a finger they should spring back.
- Allow to cool. If they are not crisp enough when cool, return to the oven for a few more minutes.
- Prepare royal icing, Fill a pastry bag or zip lock bag with royal icing and sandwich two large cookies together with royal icing. Set “turkey tail” aside. Keep remaining royal icing tightly wrapped.
- Melt candy coating. For balance cut a sliver of the side of a peanut butter cup and dip it into candy coating. Place it onto the center of a small cookie. Let “body” harden.
- Meanwhile dip white part of candy corn into candy coating and stick between sandwiched cookies.
- Dip bottom of malted milk ball into candy coating and place on peanut butter cup. Let “head” harden.
- Using a finger dip a little candy coating on each side of peanut butter cups and attach a candy corn “wing”.
- For the beak cut white top of candy corn and attach to the head using candy coating.
- Using a piping bag pipe eyes on turkey (optional) finish with piping slightly cooled candy coating for pupil.
- Dip “tail” in candy coating and place on back of “body”.
- Make remaining royal icing orange and using a bag pipe the feet.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects