5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Paint that is fun to create with and safe to eat! Make your own edible sugar finger paint. Mom will love an original painting using this homemade paint for Mother's Day. Our mixture can be put together for a quick play date or a rainy afternoon activity for good, clean (or messy!) fun - a great idea for kids any time of year.
- 4 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- 2 cups water
- green, red, and yellow food coloring
- Mix sugar, corn starch and water together in a saucepan.
- Stirring with a whisk, heat mixture over medium heat. Once it begins to thicken, remove from heat. Add water if mixture is too thick.
- Divide paint mixture equally between four bowls and add four drops of food coloring to each.
- Store paint in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects