5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Everyone’s heart will grow two sizes larger when they take a bite of this green Grinch Popcorn. Perfect for the holidays, classroom parties, and the annual reading of the classic "How The Grinch Stole Christmas" story. This treat is sweet and salty and so very festive. Little candy hearts can be found online or in your local craft store.
Package into treat bags or tins with a copy of the book or movie for a thoughtful family holiday gift. Everyone will love this new holiday tradition.
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup large popcorn kernels
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Green gel food coloring
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Red candy hearts
- Red, green, and white nonpareils
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot with a lid over medium heat. Add three kernels of corn and add lid. Let the three kernels pop and remove.
- Add the rest of the kernels, sugar, and food coloring. Add lid and take off of the heat for 30 seconds.
- Put the pot back on the heat. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, shaking the pot occasionally, until the popping slows down.
- Remove from heat and pour the hot popcorn immediately into a large bowl. Toss with salt, candy hearts, and nonpareils.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects