5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Snack time is fun time with these adorable Gum Drop Peacocks! This activity is easy and delicious - just let the kids get creative with different types and colors of gum drop candies. Create a bunch of peacocks and put on a display of all their "feathers." This is a great activity for little hands, too, as it promotes fine motor development.
- large fruit slice
- 11 small gumdrops
- 2 candy eye balls
- 1 fruit-flavored breath mint
- raw pasta noodles (broken into quarters)
- Royal icing
- To create the head, stick a raw pasta stick into the bottom of a gumdrop. Push a breath mint into the gumdrop for the beak. Spread or pipe royal icing and adhere candy eyes. Set aside to dry.
- Push two gumdrops onto a noodle, leaving room at the bottom to adhere to the base to make the feathers. Make 4 more sticks. Use the large fruit slice as the base, and stick the head into the center. Push the feathers around in a circular shape.
- Tip - If your peacocks don’t stand up, use a noodle in the back to prop up.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects