5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
- Nonstick Spray
- 3 envelopes gelatin (7 teaspoons)
- 2/3 cup room temperature water (1)
- 2 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup water (2)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops orange food coloring
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 16 - 20 graham crackers
- 16 - 20 Chocolate bars
- Chocolate chips
- Buttercream frosting
- Cellophane bags
- Decorative ribbon
- Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, combine gelatin and water (1), fit with whip attachment and set aside.
- Combine sugar and water (2) in saucepan and cover with a lid. Boil for 3 minutes and remove lid. Attach a thermometer on side of pan and boil until syrup reaches 240°F. Do not stir syrup, as this may cause it to crystallize.
- Remove from heat, turn mixer to medium speed and while whipping, pour hot syrup in a slow and steady stream onto whipping gelatin. Once all combined, engage mixer in high speed. Add salt.
- Whip until mixture feels lukewarm and looks like marshmallow fluff, about 8-12 minutes. Add 1 - 2 drops of orange food coloring during mixing.
- Scrape marshmallow into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Dust with powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool, preferably overnight while covered with plastic food wrap.
- The next day, remove from pan and using a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter, cut out shapes. Generously toss in powdered sugar.
- Prepare Buttercream Frosting (or use store-bought if you are short on time).
- Using a pastry bag with a small tip use frosting to“glue” chocolate chips for the eyes, nose and mouth. If you do not have pastry bags, place icinig in a large plastic bag and cut off one of the bottom corners for easy squeezing.
This delicious homemade vanilla buttercream frosting is easy to make. Its smooth and creamy texture is perfect for spreading and decorating. Chocolate, cinnamon and other flavor recipe options allow for simple variations.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects