5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Something to make, wear, and have for a snack later on? Sold! Little ones will love being able to string this colorful necklace themselves and then nibble on it for an afternoon snack. This activity is great for teaching and practicing patterns and fine motor skills. Children can pick their favorite colors and repeat the pattern until they have made a necklace long enough for their necks.
- White candy melts
- Yarn or thick string
- Plastic sewing needle
- Colored round cereal (such as Fruit Loops® or Fruity Cheerios®)
- Corn Syrup Free Marshmallows
- Prepare marshmallows according to recipe. Cut into square or heart shapes.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip half of the marshmallow into the melted candy melt. Top with sprinkles. Let dry.
- Cut yarn and thread with plastic needle.
- Have children pick a pattern and repeat it a few times threading cereal through.
- Thread the marshmallow through. (The needle can get sticky, so have some wipes nearby.)
- Repeat the pattern on the other side. Tie a knot and wear around your neck.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects