5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Welcome little guests warmly with these adorable Thanksgiving Cookie Place Card Decorations. Made of delicious gingerbread, once seen, these place cards won't last long! Decorate these cookies however you wish - and let your little ones make their own masterpieces.
Kids love making these cookies and decorating them with assorted candies and sprinkles. Made apple or turkey shapes like we show here, or use a different Thanksgiving cookie cutter shape.
Read our step-by-step directions below to making these fun edible place cards. Your table has never looked so sweet! This recipe yields approximately 12 place cards depending on the size of your cookie cutters.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup molasses
- Royal icing
- Assorted candies and colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Cream butter and brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add egg, vanilla, and molasses.
- Slowly add the flour mixture. When flour is incorporated, turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Wrap and chill for at least four hours.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface, about a 1/4 inch thick. Cut shapes using a cookie cutter, transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Cut triangles and round cookie bases to use for the stands. Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, decorate the cookies with Royal Icing, candies and sprinkles. Let harden completely.
- To make the place card, use Royal Icing as "glue" to adhere the stand cookies to the cutout cookies. Apply a generous amount and let the cookies set for at least 12 hours to ensure the icing hardens in place.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects