5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Warm up those chilly October nights with some White Hot Chocolate with Vampire's Blood. A creepy drink that's a conversation piece too, this hot chocolate will grab everyone's attention at your Halloween gathering.
Come home from trick-or-treating and give your guests this spooky libation. Delicious and rich white hot chocolate topped with lots of whipped cream and drizzled with gooey strawberry syrup. It might look scary, but it tastes perfectly delightful.
Kids will love making these fun drinks, too. Involve them in the preparation and you'll have one spooky activity for everyone to enjoy.
- 4 cups half-and-half (or whole milk)
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- Pinch salt
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry syrup (recipe below)
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, cut in half
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Add half-and-half, sugar, vanilla, white chocolate, and salt to a medium saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until chocolate melts and comes to a simmer, being careful not to come to a boil.
- Ladle into mugs. Top with whipped cream and strawberry syrup.
- To make Strawberry syrup: add strawberries, sugar, and water to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and let cook until the strawberries break down, about 5 minutes. Strain berries out and pour syrup into a jar.
- Tint with red food coloring if needed. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects