5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
- Sugar Cones (we used traditional brown cones, but if you can find some black cones - even better!)
- A can of white frosting
- Black food coloring (found in the cake decorating section of your local craft store)
- Purple Sugar Sheets (found in the cake decorating section of your local craft store)
- Yellow Reece’s Pieces candy
- Round cookie (We used fudge stripes but any will do because you’ll be spreading frosting over the cookie to adhere the cone to it.)
- Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Dye white frosting with black food coloring and spread evenly on the cones.
- Dye granulated sugar with black food coloring. Roll the frosted cones in the sugar.
- Frost the top of the cookie and put the frosted/sugared cone on top of it.
- Spread a thin strip of black frosted icing along the bottom rim of the hat.
- Cut a strip of purple Sugar Sheet (edible decorating paper) for the hat band.
- Adhere the Sugar Sheet hat band with the shiny side down along the bottom of the frosted hat rim.
- Put a dot of frosting on a yellow Recee’s Pieces candy and adhere to the hat rim over the overlapping sugar sheet hat band.
You can decorate your witch hat any way you like and can substitute the purple Sugar Sheet with sprinkles for a hat band.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects