5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Trick or Treat - or in this case, you get both! Creepy, Crawly Bug Soap gets you and the kids right into the Halloween spirit. This see-through soap will have everyone doing a double-take as they see these spooky critters inside! Kids will love making these soaps, based off our homemade Brown Sugar Soap Recipe. Counter the jitters from these spooky insects with lavender essential oil, or liven it up even more with some peppermint or eucalyptus!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite essential oil (peppermint, lavender, vanilla, etc.)
- 16 ounces clear glycerin melt-and-pour soap
We used our Homemade Brown Sugar Soap recipe. While you can still see the bugs inside, brown sugar gives the finished product a brownish-tint, so we used granulated sugar instead.
- Cut melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place in a double boiler.
- Cover with lid.
- When soap is melted, remove from heat and mix in granulated sugar and vitamin E oil.
- Put mixture in a glass measuring cup and stir in the essential oil.
- Pour into soap molds until about half way full.
- Add your favorite plastic bugs. (We found our creatures at the dollar store.) Remember that your mold is upside down, so put bugs in so they are facing the top of the soap when complete.
- Top off the mold with more of the soap mixture and let set.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects