5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
A great craft for a breezy summer day, this do-it-yourself wind chime makes summer a little sweeter. Kids will love to play its music as this wind chime blows in the breeze. This wind chime has an ocean theme and would be a heartfelt gift for family or friends.
- Miniature flower pot
- Beads (we used round and fish and dolphin shaped beads)
- Small bells
- Plastic craft lace
- Images (you can cut shapes out of tissue paper or card stock, print images of the computer or even cut pictures out of magazines)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make decoupage.
- Paint a layer of decoupage over the flowerpot to adhere shapes/images (we used pictures of shells).
- Paint a thin layer over images on flower pot to seal the images on. The more you use, the darker the decoupage will appear when dry. We used a bit more for this project to give it a sandy-look.
- Set flower pot aside to dry.
- Knot three pieces of craft lace and string with different beads and bells.
- When the flower pot has dried, poke the ends of all three strands of craft lace through the hole in the top of the flower pot.
- Make a knot with all three at the base of the flower pot and another knot several inches above that to form a loop so you can hang the wind chime.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects