5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
What do April showers bring? Colorful yarn flowers, of course! Making yarn flowers will brighten up everyone’s day. Begin by making a sugar glue that is completely edible and good for using when you are going to get your hands messy. The clean up is easy, the glue just dissolves (and tastes pretty good too if some just happens to get into little mouths).
This activity is creative, fun and kids can use their imaginations to make whatever kind of flower they like. They can add details such as a sky and grass, or put the flowers into a pot. Great for fine motor skills too.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- card stock
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water.
- Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Use a pencil to outline the shape of the flowers onto the card stock.
- Cut yarn into long pieces. Use your finger or a paint brush to apply glue. Add the yarn to the glue in a circular shape (see photo above) and continue until the picture is complete. Let dry completely.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects