5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Make your eggs sparkle for the Easter Bunny with Easter egg decorations made from sugar. Royal Icing acts as an edible glue for sprinkles and colored sugar. Just take a paintbrush to a hard-boiled egg and get creative with the design. These uniquely decorated eggs will be the highlight of any Easter egg basket.
- Hard boil eggs and let cool. If refrigerated, let cool to room temperature before decorating.
- Depending on preference, you can either dye your hard boiled eggs with a store-bought kit or decorate them on their plain white shell.
- Spread newspaper or wax paper down over decorating area for easier clean-up.
- Using your brush, paint dots, stripes or zig zags with royal icing then sprinkle on or roll wet area in colored sugar, sprinkles, or both. Get creative! Just be sure to do one color at a time so the different colors of sugar don’t mix.
- Tip: Royal icing dries fast so paint a small area then put on the colored sugar immediately to be sure it will stick!
- Refrigerate after decorating and until ready to eat.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects