5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Here's a simple and easy Christmas craft for little ones. Glitter photo ornaments are doubly special. First because its a family activity that you do together; second because it becomes a keepsake as the years fly by.
In addition to being an ornament, this Christmas craft can also be used as a gift tag. Just use a picture of the person for whom the gift is for and attach it to their present. They'll be no doubt which present belongs to whom under the tree!
To get started, simply cut out some rounds of colored card stock. Cut a picture into a smaller round and glue to the card stock. Decorate your ornament with glitter and tie a ribbon to attach. These ornaments are sweet to look at and will bring back many holiday memories for years to come.
- Card stock
- Sugar paste (recipe below)
- Paint brushes
- Hole punch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Make the sugar paste: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water. Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Make the ornaments: Trace circles onto card stock using a glass.
- Using a smaller glass, trace a circle around the photo.
- Cut out and attach to the card stock using sugar paste.
- Paint designs around the edges and sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Punch a hole into the top and attach a ribbon to hang.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects