5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
When Halloween comes this year, give your candy out in a way that will treat the recipient to a special keepsake long after the sweets disappear. You can personalize your candy container by turning your child’s thumb print into a spider and their finger print into a bat with a white piece of cardstock, a black ink pad and a few extra pen markings. Glue on eyes and you’ve made a not-so-spooky gift a teacher or grandparent would adore!
- Jar filled with treats
- White piece of cardstock
- Black ink pad
- Cut cardstock to fit the lid of the jar of treats.
- Press your child's thumb into the black ink to cover it liberally.
- Press the ink covered thumb onto the white cardstock to leave an impression.
- Glue googly eyes and draw on legs or wings.
Glue the decorated cardstock to the top of the jar.
We used ribbon, a plastic spider ring and paper to further decorate our jar. You can use this idea for any type of treat container.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects