5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
There’s no need to spend a lot of money to decorate your Christmas tree. We modified our colored sugar cube recipe to to make cute, easy no-bake ornaments perfect for even the smallest hands. Kids will love packing the colored sugar into a cookie cutter and see the sugar “snow” take shape!
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 teaspoons water
- Food coloring
- Cookie cutters
- 2 tablespoons glitter
- Pour the sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the water and food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into the sugar bowl and mix until combined. It should feel like wet sand. If it’s too dry, add 1/2 teaspoon of water at a time. If it’s too wet, add sugar by the tablespoon until the texture is right.
- Mix in glitter.
- Lay out a piece of wax paper and pack the wet sugar mixture tightly into a cookie cutter.
- Immediately push it out of the mold (carefully) onto the wax paper.
- Let dry for about an hour before moving to a drying rack.
- Dry for about 24 hours, until completely dry.
- Add ribbon to the top with a hot glue gun.
- We recommend storing the ornaments in a sealed plastic bag when not in use.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects