5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Sugar Paper Mache Boxes are a personalized treat for friends or family. This paper mache technique uses an edible paste. Make each one different, as you play around with different sizes and shapes. It's a fun activity for kids (and adults) in the kitchen.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Small craft paper boxes or containers (available at craft stores)
- Scrapbook or colorful paper
- Small paint brush
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water.
- Add 1 cup boiling water.
- Stir, then let the mixture cool down.
- While cooling, take scrapbook paper and cut out 1-inch circles (you can use circle punch, too) to make several to cover the entire container.
- "Paint" backs of paper circles with paper mache solution and glue circles in lines or designs onto the containers.
- Once dry, fill with tissue paper and a snack for a sweet and creative treat or gift. You can also use these pretty containers to decorate a room or hold odds and ends.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects