5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
This "batty" candle holder is a little spooky, but a whole lot cute! Learn how to make easy Halloween themed candle holders and vases. Through the sugar coating, the light shines through and casts a beautiful glow - sure to delight the kids. We used our Sugar Crystal Candle Holder project as inspiration but added another layer of creepy fun! These are fun to place around the house, or are a perfect, inexpensive Halloween gift to give to teachers.
- Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Clear glass vase in any size or shape
- Modge Podge
- Black vinyl
- Cat, bat, witch or other Halloween type silhouette
- Spread out sugar evenly onto a plate and set aside.
- Trace a silhouette on black vinyl and cut out.
- Attach the vinyl silhouette to glass container with sticker backing.
- Paint your glass container with Modge Podge. The more Modge Podge you use, the better the sugar will stick to the glass.
- Roll your candle holder over the sugar on the plate. Once it’s coated, you can pat the sugar down with your hands to be sure it is evenly coated.
- Let it dry for at least a couple of hours before using. You can spray a clear glass sealant over the candle holder after it’s dry to prevent the sugar from falling off over time.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects