5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
These beautiful homemade stained glass hearts are easy to make, and a thoughtful Valentine decoration or gift. String them together to make a garland for your mantel, or attach to your windows to let the light shine through.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- assorted colors tissue paper
- wax paper
- paint brushes or sponges
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make decoupage.
- Cut or tear tissue paper into small pieces.
- Tape a large piece of waxed paper to your work surface.
- Brush glue on one half of the wax paper.
- Lay tissue paper over the glue, with pieces overlapping until the surface is covered.
- Carefully brush a thin layer of glue over the tissue paper.
- Fold the other half of the waxed paper over the tissue paper and flatten until smooth.
- Let dry completely.
- If desired, cut into shapes. Punch a hole, tie with string and hang from windows.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects