5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Have little ones at home and need some entertainment over the Thanksgiving break? Here's a fun sensory activity that creates a keepsake memory as well. Just place a glue handprint on scrapbook paper, then shake cinnamon sugar and spices over it to make a sugar & spice turkey. The artwork will smell great in the kitchen long after the glue dries and can be proudly displayed on the refrigerator for all to enjoy.
- Dixie Crystals Cinnamon Sugar Shaker
- Ground cloves
- Ground nutmeg
- Paint brush
- Blank piece of white paper
- Black sharpie
- Cookie sheet
- Place sheet of white paper on a clean cookie sheet.
- Paint your child’s hand and fingers with glue.
- Press your child’s hand firmly on the piece of paper.
- Sprinkle Dixie Crystals Cinnamon Sugar Shaker over the turkey print.
- Sprinkle ground nutmeg on the print.
- Sprinkle ground cloves on the print.
- Shake off access sugar and spices onto cookie sheet.
- Embellish the turkey with a black sharpie. Your child can also paint a scene around the turkey.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Dixie Crystals's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects