5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Creating a turkey handprint is a rite of passage for preschoolers and kindergarteners. Here's a way to preserve the artwork for many years to come. Turn it into an apron!
We created a child size version to show you, but you could easily make a matching set for moms, dads and grandparents too.
Imagine how cute your little one will look in this turkey handprint apron helping you on Thanksgiving day!
- Blank cloth apron (check your local craft store)
- Acrylic paint in brown, orange, yellow, green and red. (Be sure to select paint that is safe for fabric to extend the life of your apron after several washings.)
- Paint the thumb and palm of your child’s hand with brown paint.
- Paint each finger with a different color paint.
- Press your child’s hand firmly on the apron; making sure that the entire fingers and hand make contact with the cloth. Don’t roll the hand around as this will blur the print.
- Embellish the turkey with a beak, feet, eye and “gobbler”.
- Print your child’s name and age with a black sharpie.
- Wash in cold and air dry.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects