5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
You can make a sweet gift for a teacher, friend or family member using only a few ingredients. This decoupage sugar crystal candle holder is a very cute, inexpensive gift that only takes about 20 minutes to make. It’s so easy that children of all ages can easily make their own sugar-coated creations.
- Any kind of clear glass jar or candle holder
- Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Modge Podge
- Food coloring
- A paint brush
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar with a couple of drops of food coloring. The more food coloring you put in, the darker your color will turn out.
- Spread out the colored sugar onto a plate and set aside.
- Paint your glass container liberally with Modge Podge. The more Modge Podge you use, the better the sugar will stick to the glass.
- Roll your candle holder over the colored sugar on the plate. Once it’s coated, you can pat the sugar down with your hands to be sure it is evenly coated.
- Let it dry for at least a couple of hours and voila...you’re done! You can spray a clear glass sealant over the candle holder after it’s dry to prevent the sugar from falling off over time.
- You can also try coarse grains of sugar, such as Turbinado, for a rougher and more opaque coating.
Home bakers have trusted Dixie Crystals since 1917. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Vintage Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects