- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup apple chips, broken into 1-inch or smaller pieces
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Add flour to a 32 ounce glass jar. Add salt and baking powder. Sprinkle on top cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice, spreading each as much as possible so that it can be seen on edges. Top with sugar, and then finish with apple chips.
- Print a recipe card and attach with ribbon, raffia or string.
- Can be stored for up to one month.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
If you can't wait to make the muffins, get the recipe here.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.
RECIPE CARDS & LABELS
Preprinted recipe cards can be downloaded here. Card stock or self-adhesive label paper works best.
Additionally, we have provided a round printable label for the front or top of the gift mix container. Round labels are designed to fit Avery® Print-to-the-Edge Round Labels 22830 or you can use any brand of full-sheet self-adhesive labels as well. Download and print here.