- 2 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut into one inch pieces
- Non stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted and ground coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Pinch of ground cinnamon as a garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Place carrots in a 12 inch sheet of foil; spray liberally with non stick cooking spray, crimp edges of foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots for 20 minutes or until caramelized and tender; remove from oven and carefully spoon into a food processor.
- Add dates, brown sugar, ground coconut, ginger, cinnamon, garam masala and cloves to carrots; puree mixture until smooth.
- Spoon carrot puree into a blender; add 1/2 cup yogurt and coconut milk; process 15 seconds.
- Add ice to blender and continue to process until mixture is smooth.
- Pour smoothies into tall glasses; garnish top with dollops of remaining yogurt sprinkled with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Serve with a straw.
This Indian Inspired Roasted Carrot Date Smoothie recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.