Mint Julep Sweet Tea
Prep time :
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 quart sweetened iced tea, cold
- 1 1/4 cups bourbon
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- Combine mint and sugar in a pitcher. Muddle mint leaves against sides of pitcher with back of spoon to release their oils.
- Stir in tea and bourbon.
- Serve over crushed ice. Garnish with fresh mint, if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: alleyanne :: Marykay :: Joyce Ferguson :: james :: klwilliams5000 :: jeangaylord :: JoAnne Vandergriff :: adamswife :: Terri Louise :: Lesia :: Angela Hayes :: Martha :: Rhonda N :: Shawn Ganoe :: dewymist :: Stacy O :: Bev :: the sunny mom :: VGil :: Janice S