Chill for 2 hours.
- 8 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Grated peel of one lemon (no white bitter pith)
- Grated peel of one orange (no white bitter pith)
- 6 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 allspice berries
Spiced Apple Cider Sangria
- 4 cups prepared apple cider
- 1 bottle (750ml) Riesling, chilled
- 3/4 cup apple brandy or apple liqueur
- 2-3 apples, sliced for garnish
Apple Cider Directions:
- Place peels and spices in a cheesecloth bundle, tied, so the spices are secure.
- In a stainless steel pot, combine cider, brown sugar and spice bundle. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a light simmer. Simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, then refrigerate 2 hours.
Spiced Apple Cider Sangria Directions:
- In a large pitcher, combine apple cider, Riesling and apple liqueur or brandy.
- Place apple slices into glasses and fill with sangria.
- Keep remaining sangria chilled in refrigerator.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.