Watermelon Mojito or Mocktail
Prep time :
- 20 - 30 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3/4 -1 cup rum
- 2 1/2 cups watermelon puree
- 1/2 cup Simple Syrup
- Muddle mint leaves in the bottom of serving pitcher.
- Prepare Simple Syrup.
- Puree watermelon by removing seeds and cutting into chunks. Place watermelon in blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve.
- Add lime juice, rum, watermelon puree and simple syrup to serving pitcher. Stir to combine. (Omit rum if making a mocktail version.)
- Fill 4 glasses 3/4 full with ice. Equally divide mojito mixture between glasses.
- Garnish with additional mint leaves and watermelon slices, wedges or balls, if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
NOTE: Additional Simple Syrup may be added to your taste or if your watermelon isn't super sweet.
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Foodie :: Holly :: Lisa A :: Katy M :: LillianMc :: Landerson :: kellytsexton :: lmarks :: D B :: Christy S :: Candace R :: Julie B :: Sharon :: Mgkchild :: KarenC :: Annette Caudell :: Jo C :: KC :: cynthia :: maggie b