Prep time :
- 2 quarts (8 cups) apple cider
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- Grated peel of one lemon (no white bitter pith)
- Grated peel of one orange (no white bitter pith)
- 6 cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 8 allspice berries
- Optional: 1/4 cup light rum
- If you have a cheesecloth at hand, wrap lemon peel, orange peel, cloves, cinnamon sticks and allspice berries into a pouch. If you do not have a cheesecloth, you can add these ingredients to cider but you will have to strain them out later.
- In a stainless steel pan, combine cider, brown sugar and spices. Bring to a boil and turn to a very light simmer and simmer on low for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool until safe enough to drink. Add rum and serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Nothing satisfies like a mug of homemade apple cider on a cold day.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Connie A :: Lisa McDaniel :: penny propst :: Kandy M :: meme2 :: Michelle Darby :: kiiah4a :: momparker :: Jessica Kelly :: Carol :: KouponKhick :: Rania :: Tiff :: DeAnne Gray :: Dolores Miranda :: Sonya S :: Kim :: lbeasley :: Shelly L :: Chef cabaiiero