- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup instant oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, large dice
- 1/2 cup packed Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare muffin tin with baking spray or paper liners. Set aside.
- In bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugar, egg, butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients. Add to mixer and stir on low speed until just combined. Fold in apples.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tins.
- Combine cinnamon and brown sugar for topping. Sprinkle onto each muffin. Bake at 350°F on middle rack for 22-24 minutes.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.