10 hours proof time
- 1/3 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons instant or active-dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter; set aside until needed.
- In a 3 or 4-quart non-stick and oven-safe pot, combine flour, raisins, yeast, and salt; stir. Add water and stir until a soft dough forms. If the dough is too dry, add 1 tablespoon of water and stir until all flour is combined. Fold in sugar and cinnamon mixture just until it creates a swirled effect.
- Place a lid on the pot and let it sit at room temperature for 60 to 90 minutes. Once the dough has risen, lightly punch it down to deflate. Replace the cover and allow to proof in the refrigerator for 10 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Remove lid and place the pot on the center rack in oven. Bake for 15 minutes then reduce heat to 425°F. Bake for an additional 25 minutes until golden and crusty. Carefully remove bread from pot and allow to cool before serving.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.