- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees. Spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Into a large bowl mix: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt/pepper, rosemary. Set aside.
- Into a medium bowl mix: milk, butter and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix to combine. Stir in caramelized onions.
- Pour mixture into prepared loaf pan. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes OR until toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to cooking rack to cool.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Paula Jones @bellalimento.