Baked Strawberry Oatmeal
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
9 x 13 inch baking pan, about 6 -8 servings
- 1-2 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups milk (any type)
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted butter
- Handful of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut strawberries in 3-4 slices and arrange on bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Combine oats with baking powder, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to accommodate all ingredients whisk milk, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until well blended. Stir in oatmeal mixture. Pour in melted butter.
- Pour onto strawberries and place in oven. Bake until mixture is set and surface is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
- If desired sprinkle with additional melted butter and brown sugar and serve.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Although lesser know than cooked oatmeal, baked oatmeal has a texture preferred by most people. Use any type of fruit.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Rebecca Burgess :: Kiki :: VicB :: Alicia :: Emily B :: susan :: Kristine Burbage :: rgrissett :: srideaux :: donna o :: Day :: Holly Guzman :: Jerrad E :: Bren :: Jess :: davy :: ADay :: Suzanne :: Candy D :: Donna