- 1 cup less 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons cup canola or vegetable oil
- 8 prepared pieces boneless fried chicken
- 8 slices cheddar or American cheese
- Toppings, as desired
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, lightly beat egg then add buttermilk and oil.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Prepare waffles on a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- Top prepared waffles with chicken, cheese and any desired toppings.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.