Chocolate French Toast Bake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1 (14 oz) loaf French bread, cut into cubes
- 8 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Place bread cubes in a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs, milk, cocoa powder, sugar, vanilla and salt until well blended and smooth. Pour evenly over the bread. Gently press down on the bread, until mostly covered with milk.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. Cover with plastic wrap, pressing down to make sure the cubes are covered. Place in fridge for 6-8 hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic wrap and bake for 40-45 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve with maple syrup, chocolate sauce, whipped cream and/or berries.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Patrice :: Yani A :: emily lopez :: Big Al :: leonard :: Bobbie Murphy :: Rebecca Martinez :: staceyvmk :: chef darren :: Jill :: Evanagline R :: rmk :: rache :: Donna C :: Mariam Brooks :: Kathy M :: SAMI :: sweettammy :: Vicky :: Joy