- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Dark or semisweet chocolate chips, as desired
- Fresh Raspberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- In large mixing bowl, whisk sugar, orange zest, vanilla, eggs, cream, flour and salt. Once well mixed, add warm water, and mix again. Finally, mix in melted butter. Do not over beat the mixture to avoid bubbles.
- Heat large non-stick skillet over medium to low heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Pour one ladle of batter into pan, lifting a swirling the batter around the pan to evenly coat bottom. Batter will cook quickly. Cook for roughly one minute, or until bottom is lightly browned. Flip. Fill with a few chocolate chips and cook an additional 30 seconds; remove from pan. Fold into thirds and set aside. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Keep prepared crepes stacked on a plate with a towel to cover. Before serving, open crepes and fill with ice cream and fresh berries. If desired, top with whipped cream and Raspberry Sauce.
- To make Raspberry Sauce: Heat raspberries and sugar over medium low heat, stirring often, until sugar has dissolved and berries are more liquid. Allow to simmer until desired consistency, about 7 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat; Add vanilla. Stir to combine. Serve hot over crepes.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Susan Whetzel @doughmesstic.