- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup white whole wheat or whole wheat flour*
- 1 1/4 cups packed Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 3/4 cups finely grated carrots
- Optional: 1 cup chopped nuts
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9 x 13 inch pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking/baking spray and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients sift together all dry ingredients (First 7).
- Add orange juice, oil and vanilla and stir until well combined.
- In a separate bowl whip egg whites and granulated sugar to medium peaks. Fold into the above.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and place in oven. Bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 30 minutes.