Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, unsalted
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- Optional: 2 freshly sliced bananas for topping
- To make filling: In a medium-size bowl beat together whipped cream cheese, ripe banana and powdered sugar until incorporated. Set aside.
- To make french toast: In a shallow dish, beat eggs, whole milk, vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter for every 2 slices of cinnamon raisin bread. Once the butter is melted in the pan (about 1 minute), quickly dip 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread (both sides) into the egg mixture and place in the pan. *Do not over-crowd the pan. Make sure you work in batches. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes until golden in color.
- After flipping the slices of cinnamon raisin bread add 1 1/2 tablespoons of banana cream cheese mixture to the cooked side of bread. Place the second slice of french toast on top of the banana cream cheese mixture cooked side down (to form a sandwich). Flip and flatten ensuring that the cream cheese binds to the two slices of bread. Cook for one additional minute. Repeat until you have 4 servings of french toast (2 slices sandwiched together equals one serving.) Keep the cooked stuffed french toast in an oven at 250 degrees.
- Serve Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast with sliced bananas, dusting of powdered sugar and maple syrup, if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Katie Jasiewicz @KatiesCucina.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Jan T :: Chef Mommacitasweets :: jenakle :: wdaydrmr :: gkclay :: Jamie :: Steve S :: JH :: Wanda :: Natasha :: Melissa Decker :: lickfam :: Jennifer H :: kayla schueler :: Linda :: Sharon M :: tonda stewart :: DMMILLER :: Brandi P :: jennifergorski2014