Batter resting for one hour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange (no white bitter pith)
- Zest of 1 lemon (no white bitter pith)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- Quick and Reduced Sugar Blackberry Jam
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Excluding flour combine ingredients in a blender. (Or use a large bowl and whisk.)
- Blend/whisk ingredients until smooth. Add half of flour and blend/whisk until smooth and no lumps remain. Add remaining flour and blend until very smooth.
- Resting the batter for a minimum of one hour will provide lovely, lacey results.
- On medium, heat a Teflon or ceramic coated pan and spray with cooking spray. Using a ladle pour a small amount of batter in pan (just enough to coat entire surface) and swirl pan to spread batter evenly.
- After a minute or when the bottom of crepe is rich golden flip it over by sliding a spatula underneath. Leave crepe on pan until nicely golden.
- Crepes can be stacked without parchment or plastic film in between.
- If necessary reheat in microwave and serve with Quick and Reduced Sugar Blackberry Jam, fresh fruit, brown sugar or powdered sugar.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Crepe batter can be refrigerated for 2 days or frozen. Before using, heated until lukewarm. Reheat crepes in a microwave.