Grilled Elvis Breakfast Sandwich
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey + more for drizzling
- 4 slices wheat bread
- 2 bananas, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup cooked bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces, 5-6 slices
- In a small bowl, mix peanut butter, yogurt, powdered sugar and one tablespoon honey together until combined.
- Heat a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one slice, butter side down, in skillet. Spread a thick layer of peanut butter mixture onto bread. Line with half of banana slices, top banana with half of bacon pieces and drizzle with additional honey. Place other piece of bread on top, butter side up.
- Cook sandwich for 3 to 4 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Gently flip the sandwich and cook for an addition 4 to 5 minutes on opposite side until golden brown. Cut and serve warm.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Sharon B :: Kime' Braden :: Blenda :: Daryl S :: Sarah :: lisagarrison :: Melissa W :: nknits :: laura :: Alisha G :: melissagragg11 :: Chef Franklin :: Yolanda L Hodge :: Christine P :: Antoinette :: gary :: Sherry :: Jane M :: keriberri :: Chelle