Lemon Rosemary Jelly
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
12 jars (8 ounce each)
- 10 cups Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 box (6 oz.) liquid pectin
- 4 cups apple juice
- 4 large lemons
- 12 stems (2-inch) fresh rosemary
- Peel all four lemons using a sharp knife or peeler being careful to remove any white pith from peel. Cut peel into fine strips and set aside. Cut lemons in half and remove seeds.
- On low heat steep apple juice and lemons for 15 minutes.
- Put 1 stem of rosemary in each jar. Press lemons several times with a large spoon to get juice and full flavor. Remove lemon halves taking care to strain all juice into pot.
- Add lemon peel to apple juice and slowly heat to a low boil. When apple juice starts to boil, add sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly bring juice mixture to a rolling boil and watch very closely as it will boil over. Boil 1 minute and reduce heat.
- Add 6 ounces of liquid pectin, stir and reheat to a boil. Continue to watch closely and boil 1 minute.
- Fill a large covered pot with 1 1/2 inches of water and heat.
- Skim any foam off top of jelly. Carefully fill each jar stopping 1/2 inch from top using a small funnel if available. Wipe rim of each jar to remove any dripped jelly.
- Place a lid and ring on each jar. Put jars into pot of water (depending on size of the pot) and cover. Bring water to a boil and continue to boil five minutes. Remove those jars and process remaining jars in same way.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Carole :: Wanda :: Corey G :: Martha C :: Mary H :: joemama :: lilkenla :: annette holliday :: Tiffany Robinson :: WickedCandy :: Megan :: Moe :: Cara :: randy m :: abigailkelley :: jennifer minus :: melzetta kerley :: tmo :: sweet :: faidleyg