Green Tomato Sweet Pickles
Prep time :
Let stand overnight
- 1 pound green tomatoes
- 6 medium onions
- 1 quart vinegar
- 4 pounds Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 3 tablespoons mixed pickle spice
- Slice tomatoes and onions thin; sprinkle with salt and let stand overnight in a crock, with a plate and heavy weight on top.
- Drain; scald in water to which a little vinegar has been added; drain again.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and spices; bring to a boil. Add tomatoes and onions; boil until tender.
- Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace. If planning on storing in the refrigerator, turn jars upside down while still hot to seal and place in fridge. If planning to store at room temperature, seal jars and process in a water bath for 10 minutes. Remove from water and let stand undisturbed for 24 hours. Store in a cool dark place for one year.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Visit Ball Canning for additional water bath canning instructions.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: S G :: rosa :: couponcrazi229 :: swflorida :: HousesGalore :: Nora M :: don :: katy k :: PC Dru :: mariek :: Bridgette R :: Maggie :: kimmy :: smith1 :: chris :: Poobear :: Anthony :: Julie E :: wendy :: HG