Chocolate Mousse with Raspberry Sauce (Egg Free)
Prep time :
Refrigerate 3 to 4 hours
6 Individual servings
- 1 1/2 packages (3.5 oz each) 70% cocoa chocolate for a total of 5.25 oz chocolate
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Chop chocolate in small pieces and set aside.
- In a cold bowl whip heavy cream to a thickened consistency. Once whip leaves marks into cream it has been whipped enough. Do not whip cream as thick as you would to serve with pies or other desserts. Whipping cream that is too stiff will result in lesser final volume and a heavy textured chocolate mousse.
- In a small cup combine gelatin and water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Bring milk to a near simmer and remove from heat. Whisk in sugar and gelatin followed by chocolate. Pour mixture into a bowl. Allow to cool to about 110°F (average shower temperature).
- Using a rubber spatula gently fold in cream. Pour into glasses of choice and cover with plastic food wrap. Place in refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- To make raspberry sauce: Defrost berries and puree until smooth. Run mixture through a sieve to remove seeds. Add sugar and combine well. Store in refrigerator.
- Pour sauce on well-chilled chocolate mousse and serve with red fruits of choice.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: dee :: Marie L :: Paula L :: kikidz05 :: Vicky :: Jo Henderson :: wanda smith :: Mel :: Amie :: s m :: jmresmith :: McP :: kenfochi :: Un-sung chef :: Leah Whitmire :: hollace34 :: Carol M A :: Robert Dees :: lulu :: Beatriz