- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, chopped
- 1/2 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- Dixie Crystals Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 4 small custard cups. Spoon about 2 tablespoons cherry pie filling on bottom of each custard cup.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler over low heat. Stir in butter; whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar. Stir in eggs, one at a time until well blended. Stir in flour. Spoon evenly into prepared cups. Place on a baking pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until sides are firm but centers slightly soft. Let stand 1 minute. Carefully run small spatula or knife around cakes to loosen; invert onto dessert plates. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.