- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups (heaping) grated zucchini
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Sift baking soda, flour, cocoa and spices. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix margarine, oil, sugar, vanilla, eggs and milk.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with the zucchini, and then fold in chocolate chips.
- Full cupcake liners 2/3 full.
- Bake 16 to 22 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- Once cooled, frost as desired with Chocolate Butter Frosting.