Mango and Blackberry Panna Cotta
Prep time :
Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight
- 2 cups milk
- 1 envelope gelatin
- 2/3 cup Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 pint blackberries
- Combine milk, gelatin and sugar in a saucepan and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Gently heat mixture until it is warm to touch but not scalding hot. Remove from heat.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla and pour into desired glasses or serving dishes. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Peel and cut mangos in cubes, uneven pieces of mango can be pureed in a blender and be poured on mango cubes for a quick and delicious sauce. Scatter blackberries on mango and serve. Dust with powdered sugar if desired.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Panna cotta is easy to make and liked by nearly everyone. Top it with ripe mangos and blackberries and you have a winner of a dessert.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Ashley :: B RAd :: Stacy J :: Maria Lee :: Brenda Reed :: Dorothy Thompson :: Pat S :: A :: wanda garner :: faith baber :: MHasselman :: Jean :: aterry78 :: disfan5984 :: Tony Shaw :: carol carter :: Barbara Kehr :: Carolyn White :: dtorin :: Ann Duckworth