Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:10 to 0:15
About 2.5 cups
- 1 1/2 cups Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup heavy cream or evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, mix brown sugar, corn syrup, water, butter, and salt together. Over medium heat, bring the mixture to a boil, do not stir, and let it cook until it reaches 236°F (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat and cool mixture to lukewarm.
- Stir in cream and vanilla.
- Pour into a heatproof jar and store in the refrigerator. Use within one month.
- To reheat before serving, pour into saucepan and warm over low heat; or set jar in a small pot of simmering water.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Amy Nelson :: kingdraig :: Beth :: Asia C :: Lucy M :: Ashley E :: jordan :: Shae Davis :: STEPHEN :: teresa :: Donna Bullock :: Mattie S :: kelly strickland :: Jeffrey W :: chaldoal :: Sara P :: octaborane :: Denise :: Candace :: linda