Peach Barbeque Sauce
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
2 cups sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled peaches (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add garlic and yellow onion, cook for 2 minutes. Add peaches, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, salt, pepper, chile powder, garlic powder, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until peaches are very soft and flavors meld, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Carefully pour peach mixture into a blender and purée until smooth. Serve as a dipping sauce or use it to marinate meats before grilling.
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Dixie Crystals by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Patty F :: Alison B :: Smita A :: teresa :: Rachel Walker :: Sandra Durr :: DessertsRequired :: Sunshine :: Su :: Debbie C :: sugarpig :: Jian C :: Karen Rothery :: Jerri G :: Charlotte G :: Mary G :: Lisa S :: Jackie B :: Trish Seiber :: aphillips