- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, flank or breakfast steak*
- 1/2 cup dried Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 garlic clove, minced or if you like add more
- 2/3 cup grated Pecorino, Romano or Parmesano (you choose your favorite)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 package bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
*I prefer breakfast steak cause you don’t have to pound it.
- Stir first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl to mix, add (a little at a time) water so that ingredients are like a dry paste. (What I do is triple the recipe so that I can freeze some, if you do freeze them, freeze them raw, then when you need them, that’s when you’d fry them.)
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of oil. Season mixture with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Lay flank steak flat on work surface. Sprinkle bread crumb mixture in center of steak. Starting at 1 short end, roll up steak to enclose the filling completely. Secure with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle braciole with salt and pepper. Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add braciole and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
This Italian Steak Rolls - Braciole recipe has been submitted by one of our Dixie Crystals friends and has not been tested in our kitchen. If you have any problems with this recipe, or would like to give us your feedback, please email us by clicking here.