Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 3 cups sweet red vermouth
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
- 1 full head of garlic crushed or minced
- Optional: 1 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 duck, thawed
- Place duck in a roasting pan with lid.
- In a mixing bowl heat sweet vermouth for 30-45 seconds in the microwave, just warm enough to dissolve sugar. Mix in sugar and garlic powder.
- Using a marinating syringe saturate duck with the liquid mixture. Sometimes it can be easiest to pour last of marinade in a glass to draw into syringe. If you want to add the tarragon, rub it on now.
- Mix rub ingredients and rub down the duck.
- Place in a preheated oven at 350°F. You know your own oven - some of you will adjust that to 375°F I like 350°F. You will cook it around two hours and ten to fifteen minutes. I prefer to cook the first 30 minutes uncovered to let alcohol escape; however it is not required. You will have a sweet duck. Happy Thanksgiving!
DIXIE CRYSTALS INSIGHT
Note: Duck does not need to be basted.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: jane :: Myrna A :: Chastity Grant :: Jack Holcombe :: PM Brown :: ChiefCookie :: Melody Brock :: llllatttszzz :: sweetandsassy :: Jesswin :: Tonya K :: Jennifer K :: Raven :: Toni G :: Sarah :: Josh :: richard m :: Sonora :: ascoop04 :: Recipe collector